A message to you from Wandoan State School Principal, Mr Jason Day
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Wandoan State School. We are delighted to have you as part of our school community. Staff members are enthusiastic, highly skilled in their areas of responsibility and dedicated to building a healthy, vibrant community of which we can all be proud of. I encourage you to be part of our team in working together and supporting each other in developing positive partnerships to maximise our children’s development and learning.
Children are our most valuable asset at Wandoan State School. We seek to develop personal strength and talent through dynamic learning programs that support children’s intellectual, social, physical, and cultural development. At Wandoan State School, our aim is to provide quality educational programs for all students, preparing each child academically, emotionally, socially and physically, by providing the best possible learning environment. When making decisions at our school we keep this aim at the forefront of our minds.
Our mission at Wandoan State School is “Success is Earned”. This means that we strive to reinforce the importance of learning and the expectation that students do their best both inside and outside the classroom is clearly articulated. We provide the individual care and attention required for children to achieve at their highest possible level. At Wandoan State School you will see:
- A school guided by clear values
- Relevant, challenging and purposeful teaching and learning
- Programs that are aligned under the goals of a lifelong learner
- Student council and leadership programs that develop confidence and personal responsibility
- Enrichment programs to develop children’s thinking and problem solving skills
- Regular Staff Professional Development to ensure current teaching strategies and resources
- A focus on respect, responsibility, care and consideration
- Ongoing celebration of achievement, excellence, effort, personal bests and improvement
- Staff, children, parents and our local community working together
I hope that you have a long, happy and rewarding association with Wandoan State School and I look forward to working collaboratively with you in promoting excellence in a safe and supportive environment for every student, every day.